Monday 28 March 2011

i should be so lucky..

Sometimes i think it's easy for us all to forget how lucky we are. We are blessed with the most simple of luxuries and the sad thing about it, is that half of us don't even realise it. We're all guilty of it. Taking for granted what we see and have day in, day out is something most people can put there hand up to. With the big tragedy that's recently happened in Japan i guess it highlights how lucky we all are even more. We moan when pay day is too far away, we moan when we can't afford something we want, when we have to go to work, when we have to clean up after ourselves. It's petty. The people in Japan are wandering the streets with nothing to their name. They have no family, no home, and only the clothes on their backs. I live in a beautiful home, i have all my family and have been very very lucky not to lose anyone close to me yet, i have all my grandparents, i have an alright-ish job that see's me through, i have qualifications, the best friends, and good health. But that's just the basics. We all have our luxuries that in this day and age we see more of necessities. A phone, a laptop, nice clothing, an ipod. I don't even know why i'm going into this so deeply! I'm just feeling overwhelmed at the moment with how lucky i am. I guess if you're reading this, you should be too! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment