Thursday 24 June 2010

DAY 25- my day in great detail.

I've been dreading doing these since i started as i'm rubbish at remembering things that happened 5 minutes ago never mind last week, but i'll give them ago anyway.

So today is 24th of June 2010, I woke up at 6:45 am by the sound of arcade fire, woke up feeling very sleepy after not going to sleep until well past midnight the previous night. As soon as i woke i could feel my hayfever playing up and i continued to have a sneezing fit. Dragging myself out of bed i opened my curtains as i know, that if i stayed in darkness i wouldn't wake up. Got in the shower, got ready, had some toast and a big coffee and waited for the 8:05am bus. I could probably get the slightly later one that comes at half 8, but due to traffic i never like to risk it. I'd appreciate the extra half hour in bed though. Bus was pretty full and i sat next to a women reading a book, felt okay and not too tired, and sent my usual good morning texts to the boy. The weather today has been muggy and over cast, and just not very pleasant. When i got in town i bought my usual energy drink from boots and headed to work. Stood talking to Lynn for abit about my interview and then we all sat down in the tea room for our morning meeting. Chris was back, and i congragulated him on his wedding. In this morning was me, Arlene, Chris, Lynn, Demelza and Peirs. Cara later came in about 11am. We had a good laugh in the tea room although we were supposed to be going over yeterdays figures. The chat consisted mainly of Glee, Chickens, Demelzas hand writing, Football, and Wills love for twilight. Was a nice way to start my shift anyway. Got given orders to do first thing, and my first job was to chase two customer orders up as they had not been delivered. After doing that i continued with Orders, packaging them up and despatching them. The sale has started today, so i found myself looking at what bargains i could bag before everything gets sold. Turns out theres not much good going on so i'll save my pennies thanks. Other jobs included lacing shoes and mainly cleaning as the shop was dead because it was so early. Kieran later came in and i spent the rest of my shift in the stock room talking to him, touching his pecks and him taking the piss out of me mainly. Finished at 12, which was nice and early and left to bump into Pippa and her girlfriend. Walked through Debenhams to get to the bus station and quickly rang Jackie to see if it was okay to come round still. Waited about 10 minutes for my bus, rang Marc to see if he had heard anything, turns out they rang him yesterday and he was unlucky. He gave me a number that they rang him from though and told me to ring and ask. Got on the 28, and went to Jackies house. Sat talking for ages in the kitchen drinking tea, then Izzy came round. Made cheese toasties, and then Becca came round. Discussed holiday more and played on Beccas new phone. Few hours later got a lift home with Becca. Got in and let the dog out as hes been in all day. Made a quick cuppa, and here i am now.

No comments:

Post a Comment